A career in real estate is one of the most personally satisfying careers you can have, and if you work hard and develop a good client base it can be extremely financially rewarding as well. The hours are long, but they are the hours you decide, not what someone else dictates to you. As you read this, there are more than five million people in the United States employed in identifiable real estate fields such as title insurance, construction, mortgage banking, property management, real estate appraisals, brokerage and leasing, and real estate development. In addition, many were engaged in corporate real estate and in real estate lending in commercial banks, savings and loans, and insurance companies where their jobs are not included in the real estate sector. Over a third of the world's wealth is tied up in real estate. Real estate is collateral for mortgages and a large amount of financial assets. As important as the field of real estate might be, it is also worth recognizing how interesting the work in this field is. Real estate professionals are tied to the development of our society in a very direct way and participate in decisions that will shape the way we live for centuries. Work in real estate is personally rewarding, ever-changing and challenging. Take some time and consider your potential in the field of real estate.
Real estate agents and brokers are usually independent sales professionals who contract their services to real estate brokers in exchange for a commission-sharing agreement. There are over 400,000 real estate brokers and agents in the United States. To become a broker you must be at least 18 years old, a high school graduate and have passed a written test on property laws and real estate transactions. Most states also require 30-90 hours of classroom training.
Here at Mariner Realty we are a small full service residential real estate company, located in the seacoast region of New Hampshire. Here is some more information about us.
- Our agents are full time professionals, and while we are all independent contractors we foster a team atmosphere and help each other.
- We have established working relationships with local developers.
- Our management is on site to give advice and handle issues as they arise.
- We have invested in modern technology to make sure we have the tools needed in today’s real estate business. They include high speed DSL internet access to each desk, general use office computers, free agent e-mail, advanced company web site, a web presence on several local and national sites, free voice mail, custom made web based visual tours on our residential listings, and talking house transmitters. Our web site was designed and is maintained in-house so it is always up to date.
- Our training is complete with all associates receiving education in both group settings and one-on-one. As the broker I have been teaching and facilitating real estate training in northern New England for over 10 years.
- New agents will receive daily instruction, goals assessment, and feedback.
- Agent marketing assistance program.
- We have a superior office location, which generates new business.
If you would like more information on real estate career or to just talk about the real estate business in general, please give me a call or email me so we can set up a time to get together. I would be happy to sit down with you and answer any questions you may have.
Richard Whitney / Broker
54 Main Street
Durham, NH 03824